Thursday, April 24, 2014

Week 4: One month

Hola everyone!!!!!!! I can't even believe that I have been out a month in 2 days... where has the time gone?? 2 more weeks in the CCM and then I'm off to Puerto Rico!! I'm so excited, but at the same time I can't even imagine leaving here!! Being here in the CCM has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life!!! I have such a love for this place that I can't even describe!! I feel so blessed to have been able to be here in the DR and then to also serve in Puerto Rico!! Ok so guess what? We are going on splits... with the actual DR missionaries... for 6 hours... TOMORROW!!! Oh my lanta!!!! Hahaha I don't know whether or not to be more excited or freaked out!! Chistes :) Excited of course!!! But, freaked out too hahaha a lot acutally.. I've only learned Spanish for 4 weeks and they are already throwing me into the field for a day! But all is well! This just goes to show that this is the Lord's work!! That anything is possible with His help!! We'll see how tomorrow goes though :) Wish me luck!!

So we have now moved rooms here in the CCM for the third time, but this time it's even better because President moved us into the room with the new sisters from Mexcio!!! So now we can really practice our Spanish!! I am so excited and they are such sweethearts! They came in really late last night and have orientation today so we haven't talked to them much, but from what we have talked to them, we can understand most of what they are saying!! Yayaya!!

Oh! So us missionaries were out by the temple the other day and one of the Latino missionaries that had been with us 2 weeks earlier was with his companion at the temple!! I exactly remember that when he was here in the CCM, he was one of the ones that we could NEVER understand, no matter how slow he talked! Haha I don't know why!! But when we talked to him, I got around 70 to 80% of what he was saying!! Wha?!?! It felt so cool!!! Don't get me wrong, I am NO where near fluent in listening or speaking, but it was cool to see how much the Lord helps us!!

So, another sad day this week, the Haitians left us on Tuesday. I really don't like this whole goodbye thing, but I can't begin to express my love for these missionaries and I feel so blessed fo rthe time I had here with them!! And we even understood them less because they only spoke French!!! Haha luckily one of the sisters speaks a little French, so that helped a lot! All of us Americans sang God Be With You Til We Meet Again (one verse in english, then spanish, then french) and it was one of the most tender moments. I love this Gospel so much and I know I will see them again someday!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!! Mine was absolutely incredible. Our sacrament meeting was a live broadcast from the Provo MTC and Pres Uchtdorf was our surprise speaker!!!! How cool is that?? It was the most amazing talk and it was such an answer to my prayers. During the week we have times where we walk around the temple grounds and practice speaking to the members who are just outside, and I don't know why but this one day I was just having the hardest time making the step and walking up to them. I had no idea what I was going to say to them and no words were coming to mind, at least not spanish words! I was becoming so frustrated at myself. I kept thinking to myself how sad it was that I, as a missionary, was afraid to talk to members. Members! It was just a rough day. And of course, the Lord will always send something or someone to help us if we ask Him. Pres Uchtdorf talked about faith over fear and how we should "fear no man"!!!! That was basically his quote haha! He said that when we are relying on the Lord, there is no reason to fear! And as missionaries, if we are doing what we are supposed to, he will be on our right hand and on our left (DC 84:88). It was amazing and it touched me so much. So I've been trying really hard to fear no man!! Haha love Pres Uchtdorf!! We also watched a devotional by Elder Holland. MAN is that guy POWERFUL!!!!!! He talked about becoming converted ourselves so we are able to help other on their own path to conversion. So amazing!! The Church is true. And Christ lives!!

Well, I'm down to my last minutes!! Time goes by way too fast, even in emailing!! Have a great week everyone! Here is a quote that basically is my districts motto: "Obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings miracles." The Lord loves you. YOU. And if you trust Him, and do His will, He will bless you more than you could ever imagine!! And who knows, maybe you could be the miracle for someone else!!  

Love,
Hermana Holt





Great companions


Having fun in class




No comments:

Post a Comment