Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Week 9: 2 months

Wow!! WHAT A WEEK. First of all, I HIT MY 2 MONTH MARK!!! Haha can you believe it?? I can't! It's crazy how fast time goes, but it's so true that time flies when you're having fun :)
 
So, the Lord has been SO merciful this week. I can't thank Him enough for all that He has blessed me with. Especially with the language. And I don't even know where to begin!! I have been able to understand SO much more this week it is an absolute miracle!! I can't understand all the investigators obviously, but Heavenly Father has allowed me to understand a couple people at a time, and then as the days have gone on, another person, and then another. Just this morning at our District Meeting I was about to understand 90% of what was said. LIKE WHAAAT?! And this is not me, this is all Heavenly Father!! And I thank Him every moment I can. Even when I'm in a lesson and can understand 2 sentences (because believe me, that still happens), I thank Him. And He still continues to bless us!! It's amazing! Just the other night we were teaching 2 investigators. They are a married couple in about their late 50's. And the husband has a super hard time walking and he actually has one arm too! This was our 3rd time teaching them and we taught them the Restoration. The first time we felt prompted to talk a little about the Plan of Salvation, and then the next time we actually had a member come and give the husband a blessing for his health and especially for his legs. Wow there is just so much to say about them!! I remember the first time I felt like they were just being nice and listening to us because they believed in God too, but last night when we visited them, I saw the miracles that the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings!! When we sat down and asked the husband how he was feeling after the blessing (which was given only 2 days before) the wife started to go off about how he has been walking around the house and that she has had to tell him to slow down because he is walking so fast!! AND without his braces on his legs. AHH!! And that Sunday morning when he was walking, he told his wife that he wanted to go to our church but they weren't able to that morning (we are hoping for next week)! And also, the first time, from what I was observing, they seemed kind of distant from each other and the husband didn't say much. But THIS time, oh my gosh the sweetest thing happend!! They were sitting on opposite ends of the couch and while the wife was talking, the husband slowly brought his hand over to his wifes and just held it. I about died!!! And then she had gotten up to grab something and when she sat back down she sat down right next to him!!!!! They were both just smiling and holding hands and I just wanted to cry right there!! I felt the spirit the ENTIRE lesson!!! They were so receptive and they really understand the importance of finding out for themselves. They are incredible! And then get this, so I teach different parts of the first lesson and usually I have to use the pamphlet to help me. But for some reason, I just felt like I should just put it away. So I did, not knowing what I was doing hahaha and when it was my turn to teach, I just taught. WHAT?! I seriously don't even remember what I said, I just opened my mouth!! And Hna Sosa told me after that the way I taught was so perfect!!! Ok, remember, my Spanish isn't perfect haha, I know it isn't and it definitely wasn't during the lesson!! But we don't have to be perfect teachers, we just need to invite the perfect teacher. And I know that the Spirit was there during that lesson. We are hoping to give them a baptismal date this week!!!
 
Speaking of baptismal dates, we have 3 for the 14th of June!!!!!!!! AHHH!!!! 2 of them are the dad (J) and daughter (S) that we have been teaching and the other is an older man we have been teaching (P). J and S have been coming to church, but sadly P hasn't been, so we'll see how everything goes with them! We have been working super hard to prepare them and we hope that they keep up with their commitments. That has been something that has been hard, is people keeping commitments. Especially this past week at church because we planned to have 7 people come to church and 4 little kids as well, and we had arranged rides for everyone, but only 2 came. It's kind of frustrating sometimes, but we have to keep working and trust in the Lord and His plan!
 
So I'm pretty sure my mission this week was a musical hahaha let me explain!! First of all, it rains everyday, but at random moments the sun will come out just a little bit! Haha so I started singing to my companion, "The sun will come out TOMORROW!!" And she had no idea where that was from!! Haha I was so sad!! But I still sing it to her :) Second, we were visiting with one of our neighbors and we asked her if we could start with a hymn. She then asked if we knew a certain hymn, so she started to sing! I kid you not, she sounded exactly like a mixture between Julie Andrews and Snow White!!! Hahaha she is seriously the sweetest thing, but it was SO funny!!! I loved it. And then, we were contacting and this super duper old lady was outside her house throwing food into the street, and I don't think I've seen so many birds in my entire life in one spot!! And all I could think was "Feed the birds.."hahaha from Mary Poppins. Next (yes, I'm not done!) me and my companion were talking about our birthdays and my companion is going to be 22, so I sung "I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!!" And my companion just stared at me. She doesn't know who Taylor Swift is!!!!!!!!!! It was a sad day. Haha that was my musical week!!
 
Haha anyway, I wish I had more time to talk about the week, but my time is up!! I just want you all to know that I know without a doubt that this church is true. How blessed we are to have this knowledge!!!! I just can't even thank Heavenly Father enough for all the blessings He gives!! And as members of this church, we have something so special. And how grateful I am to be a missionary and to be able to share this with every person I meet and in a language I am still learning!! Haha it's a wonderful thing!! Have a great week everyone!!
 
Love,

Hermana Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment