Monday, June 2, 2014

Week 10: Earthquake

I don't even know where to start with this email! I feel like we did so much this week, haha but I feel like I don't have a lot to say! Well, it's officially June which is absolutely crazy! Time keeps going faster and faster, but we are trying to work harder and harder! We had a lot of good lessons this week, and had a lot of lessons fall through as well, which means a lot more walking :) But hey, it's great! We are having some conflicts with some of the baptismal dates and we might have to drop one of the dates, but we are still pressing forward. As of right now we still have J and S being with baptismal dates for the 14th and we are hoping to extend 3 more this week for the 27th! We are teaching two families as well which is always exciting! They both live in really humble circumstances, but they are just great! One family is the mom with her 3 kids (12, 13, 14). The mom and the 14 year old daughter have been at all the lessons and are super receptive! The 13 year old son joined us for the Restoration lesson and I think he liked it! And the 12 year old daughter still has yet to come! We see her everywhere and always talk to her, she is such an angel! But every time we actually come to the house, she is gone! Haha but there is a big Super Saturday activity for all the youth of the stake that we invited them too and they want to go, so we'll see! But yeah, they are super receptive but still have yet to come to church. And that is SO important! So we are working with them! The other family, oh my goodness, these children are so precious! They are 2, 3, 4, and just recently 6! They live across the street from this other family and so we contacted them that way! When we went to go visit them just the mom and the 2 and 4 year old girls were home. So we got to know her and just shared a little bit of what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is and how it can bless her and her family. I could totally feel the spirit! She was so into what we were saying, it was amazing! We asked if she could say the prayer and as she did (it was such a beautiful prayer), she started to cry and I knew she felt the Spirit.. It was such a cool thing to see. And I couldn't understand when she said this part haha but my companion told me after that she was saying how she was really having a hard week and she just wants to do the best things that she can for her family, and that she knew God sent us to her! What?! She is such a sweetheart, and the best thing is, they came to church!!! She brought her 3 oldest kids with her and she really really liked it!! We definitely need to bring some things for the kids to do during sacrament, haha but I think the kids enjoyed it too! Especially primary! She told us after church that she definitely wants to come back again next week, so we have some visits set up for this coming week!!
So GET THIS! On Wednesday we were walking back from an appointment and our district leader called us freaking out and asking us if we were ok!! Uhhh.. yes Elder! We are just fine, what happened? Hahaha yeahh.. apparently there was an Earthquake!!! It was 5.7 I believe but the crazy thing is, we didn't feel anything!! Nothing! And every other person and the other missionaries were telling us that it was super short, but super strong! Scary! But we are ALL safe, everything is ok! Haha I'm not sure if there was news about it in the states, but everything is good! I just can't even believe Hermana Sosa and I were the only ones that didn't feel it!!
So I learned something this week, members are SO important in missionary work!!! SO important!! If you don't know the missionaries in your ward, please get to know them. Find out ways you can help them! You don't need to be their third companion, but I promise you it will bring so many blessings and it will help the missionaries!! I love the members here, but it's been a little hard to get some of the help we need. But the work keeps going!!
Gah I'm out of time!! I'm sorry!! Remember that this church is TRUE! We received all the Conference talks this week and I am in Heaven!! I have been studying them like crazy, they are amazing!! If you have time this week, read some of them! Study them! These are living prophets and apostles called of God! They definitely have something that we need to hear. I testify of that!! I love you all, have a great week :)

Love, Hermana Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment