Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 11: Zone Conference

This week begins my six weeks!! Where has the time gone? This past week was full of lessons and meetings and I don't think I've had a week go by so fast!! Oh and guess what..... WE HAVE TWO BAPTISMS FOR THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH!!!! We are hoping everything goes well with the interviews and these next lessons, but really, I know they both have such a desire to be baptized! Haha they are the cutest!! Haha one of the days it was so funny because we weren't able to meet with them because of a zone conference and we told the daughter, but she didn't tell her dad! And apparently when we didn't show up he freaked out and thought we were sick or something! Hahaha but it's all good, they are so cute!
Also our lessons with S (the one with the 4 little kids) are going really well!! She is SO great and wants to know so bad if this church is true. She wasn't able to come to church yesterday which was a bummer, but we have been meeting with her multiple times throughout the week. A lot of our investigators don't have cars actually and it's hard to find rides for them too! But we are doing our best!!
So we had a zone conference and a stake devotional with President Zwick!! I don't think I can ever stop saying how incredible he is!!! Like really. He wants to help this mission so much and he gives us exactly what we need to help the work here. But really, we can't do all that we can do without the help of the members. Our stake devotional was with all the members in the stake who had callings and all the missionaries and it was all about how members and missionaries NEED to work together!! He said everything perfectly!! I'm super sad for him to leave in a couple weeks, but I am super excited for our new Mission President too!! Everything happens for a reason, I have such a strong testimony of that!
Well, I'm out of time, sorry I'm not able to talk about my other investigators!! Next week! The Spanish is coming still, I was able to listen to all the meetings and could understand most of it which was a huge accomplishment for me!! But still, speaking is something that has been a real struggle. But we push forward right?? I read Elder Bednars talk this morning for last conference (read it!) and he talked about how the struggles and burdens we have in this life are really blessings and are essential! They help us to learn and to grow and rely on the Savior and His Atonement! How grateful I am for the Atonement. Sometimes I don't think we realize how wonderful this act was and is, how much Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father love us. We, through the Atonement of Jesus Christ can live with our Heavenly Father again! We can go through the trials in this life because we have the Savior of the world carrying our burdens and pushing through WITH us. Wow. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. This week, think about the Savior and specifically what he has done for you, and I promise that you will be able to feel his love for you! Have a great week everyone :)

Love,
Hermana Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment