Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 44: 10 months!

Hola a todos!!

Well, it feels like just yesterday that I wrote home but we had a good week that went by super duper fast! Well, let´s start off with a funny story. So Hna Lara called a contact to see if we could stop by later in the week. As they were talking this lady says, What´s your names again? Hermana Lala and Hna Babilonia?

WHAT?? Who is Hermana Babilonia!!?? Hahahaha we could not stop laughing and I have NO idea where that name came from!! Haha I love Puerto Rican people. 

Also, today marks my 10 MONTH MARK. I´m dying!! Time is going by WAY to fast I can hardly keep up with everything! Not sure what we are going to do today to celebrate or what I´m going to do for my picture, but I´ll let you know next week!

So I´m not sure if I told you about an investigator last week.. the one with the two kids? Well her name is Jennifer and she came to church yesterday!! WOO!! It was super great. It was kinda crazy though haha cause she woke up a little late and had to get her kids ready so we had to pick her up before Sacrament Meeting, but that´s ok!! Even though she was late, she was still so willing to come. She is such a sweetheart and we are hoping and PRAYING the lessons continue to go well with her because she is amazing and we know the Gospel is going to bless her life immensely! Also, next week will be super exciting because we are going to have a Regional Conference of the Caribbean Area so we are going to have a broadcast all the way from Salt Lake! Yay!! 

Also, we had exchanges this week so I got to spend the day with Hermana Despain (from Gilbert, Arizona!!) in Vega Baja! Hahaha did we have an interesting day or what.. Let´s just say some of the craziest lessons I´ve had in the mission.. The first lesson we had we were basically attacked by two women of another faith about the Book of Mormon. It was just super sad to me. How I wish for them to understand the importance of the Book of Mormon!! Isn´t it amazing that Heavenly Father loves all His children and made it possible for the people in the Americas to know of His plan and of His son Jesus Christ? And know we can know of it too?? Well, I think it´s amazing and my testimony of the Book of Mormon increased a ton this week! I also want to testify of the power of the hymns! We ran into a new investigator of the sisters and she was having the hardest time ever with everything. So we sang to her, Abide With Me Tis Even Tide - Conmigo Quedate Senor. I can´t even begin to describe the Spirit that we felt in that room! And the investigator loved it so much that she took us over to her friends house so we could sing to her and share with her what we shared with the investigator. It was a cool experience!! 

This church is so true. The Gospel of Jesus Christ means everything to me. I testify of the happiness that we feel as we share it with others!! The Gospel changes lives!! If you feel like it hasn´t changed yours, try living it. I know that the small and simple things that we do daily to try and become closer to our Savior will really bring great things, and even miracles. 

I love you all and have a good week! 

Love, 

Hermana Holt 

Hermana Despain from Gilbert Arizona!

No comments:

Post a Comment