Monday, February 16, 2015

Week 47: Happy Valentine's Day

Hola a todos!!
 
Well, I really don't have any time today but this week was a good week! It was definitely a week full of service - it seems like almost every day we found opportunites to help our investigators or members!! Service really is a way we can share the pure love of Christ <3 Speaking of love, I hope everyone had a good Valentines Day!! Ours was super sweet because we went with one of our investigators to the cemetary to help her bring some things to her sons grave who passed away some years ago, but he was only 33. It was super cool that she allowed us to spend that time with her when she really needed it!
 
Also, Jennifer came to church again!! WOO! And this time she was able to make it to Gospel Principles AND Sacrament Meeting! Hahaha so we are hoping in these next weeks she'll be able to make it to all 3 hours, we are praying for that!! 
 
Really fast I just wanted to share what Hna Lara and I were studying today in our studies - it was super funny because both of our studies brought us to studying about the Atonement, and after Hna Lara shared what she learned, I was like, I studied about the Atonement too!! Haha it was super funny and I guess it's what we needed to hear. But there was something that really stuck out to me in Preach My Gospel about the Atonement. It used the word "confiar" or "to trust" in the Atonement of Jesus Christ. How cool is that? I feel like as we come to understand what the Atonement is and what it does for us personally, we should trust in it! Trust in our Savior Jesus Christ! Trust that he really did pay for our sins and that we can be forgiven! Trust that we really can become more like him as we humble ourselves and ask for his help! Trust! I just love the word and it's helped me to start looking at and using the Atonement in a new perspective. I hope and pray that we can all take a little time to stop and think and even study a little bit more about the Atonement and what it means for each and every one of us and then to trust in it!
 
Have a great week!!
 
Love, 
Hermana Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment