Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 28: "I'll go where you want me to go"

Hola a todos!
 
Well, I forgot my mission planner and now I feel like I can't remember anything that happened in the week haha.. but can we just start with GENERAL CONFERENCE?!?! Did you guys just LOVE it?? I definitely did, it was amazing! I can't even explain how grateful I am that we have a living prophet and apostles who guide us here in these last days. Their words are truly inspired words from our Heavenly Father!! I hope everyone will take time to read and study their talks again once they come out. I know that we can all improve on something and that as we pray to Heavenly Father, He will help us to know what to do and where we can improve! It was absolutely incredible, and I testify that ANY question that we have, we can gain our answers through Conference - through the words of living prophets and apostles. My questions were answered and so I know yours will be too. Wow!! I just can't get over it haha I'm pretty sure that us missionaries haven't stopped talking about it since yesterday!
 
So the work was a little bit slower this week, but we were able to contact a lot more people and we have some potentials, so hopefully this week will be better in lessons! This week I had exchanges with Hermana Ramos and it was so fun! She is absolutely hilarious and has no fear when it comes to talking to people haha and I mean none!! Haha I have been so blessed to work with sister missionaries who have no fear speaking, it has helped me a ton! In the process of the exchange I was introduced to two new less actives that we were able to teach, so we are super excited to work with them! One is a sweet family of 5 who actually got baptized about a year ago or so, but they are super humble and we are praying really hard that they will have the desire again to come to church! They have a daughter who is 16 who is more willing than the others, but we are hoping that we will be able to help the parents feel the spirit. The other one is an older lady and she actually got baptized into another church... last saturday... but! She lets the missionaries into her house so we'll see what happens!! Haha faith, right?
 
So do you know how in the hymn I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go it says, "...over mountains or plains or sea.."? Well, this week we DEFINITELY walked over mountains. Haha well what happened was, the other Hermanas told us that there was a road they hadn't been on that was now in our part of the area and that one day we should see what there is. Haha so we did.. oh my goodness it was literally just a one way windey road for miles in the mountains!! There were some houses a long the road thank goodness but it was insane!! As we kept going and going and going we ended up in an area called Rio Cañas Arriba which when you take the main road, is about 20 min IN CAR from where we live... and we got there through the mountains!!! Yeah, my body has been pretty tired this week, but all the hard work comes with the name tag, right? So it's definitely worth it!!
 
Well, I hope everyone has a good week, my time is limited this week because the Library is full so they are kicking us off! I love you all!!
 
Love,
Hermana Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment