Monday, July 13, 2015

Week 68: Make it Rain!

Hola a todos!!

This week Heavenly Father definitely heard all of our prayers over here in Puerto Rico because man, did it RAIN! We've had about 3 or 4 days of pretty good non stop rain - it'll pour for some hours and then sprinkle for a few more and then pour again! Luckily it has been pouring mostly at night but I'm pretty sure I've been wet for about half of the week haha. But we need it! What they've been saying is that this drought is SO bad that we'll be in it if not until December, until 2016, and then until who knows when! It's pretty bad. This week they actually started turning off completely the water; living out of water gallons is definitely a different experience, but it's a good one! 

And due to the rain, the people were locked up inside their houses! BUT, Heavenly Father has blessed us even more this week with 3 new investigators!! We are SO excited. And even better, one is a family! They have a 2 year old daughter who is so cute! The mom's name is Yubelki and we actually contacted her taking the bus one day and she was super willing to have us over! We stopped by and met her husband and had a great lesson about the family! It was SO crazy though because right when I was about to mention baptism, a ton of their nieces and nephews came running into the house!! Hahaha not the best moment, right? But we are super excited to get to know them more! 

Our other new investigator we found on my intercambio with Hna Madrigal!! Love that Sister Missionary! Anyway, we decided to go contact into the mountains a little bit when it started to POUR like crazy.. but we still felt we needed to keep walking and I'm so glad we did because we met Victor! He let us teach him right then, but since his wife wasn't home we just shared our message outside and we have a return appointment this week and his wife is going to be there too! It was such a blessing for me to be in the lesson because I felt really that the Lord truly is preparing people to hear the Gospel. Victor kept thanking us for stopping by and kept telling us how he felt so much peace as we shared with him about our Savior Jesus Christ. I felt it too! 

Guess who came to church again?? Quenia!! She's great and I love her SO much!! She's still thinking about moving to Texas with her kids which kinda bums me out, but if that is where the Lord needs her than I'm ok! I loved it because we went home with her after church for lunch (she makes the BEST Sancocho!) and I asked her, So what have you done this week? She just looks at me and said, Well, basically I've just been reading the Book of Mormon! WOO HOO! I love it :) It's a powerful book you know! Make sure you are reading it EVERY day!! 

We have some high goals this week and I know that with our Savior, Jesus Christ that we can reach them. This is the Lord's work!! How grateful I am to be a part of it! Have a great week everyone!!

Love, 
Hermana Holt 
 
There are no words

 Hermana Madrigal always brings the rain to Guaynabo

No comments:

Post a Comment