Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 40: Felices 9 meses

Hola a todos!

FELIZ NAVIDAD!! I hope everyone had an AMAZING Christmas this past week!! I hope everyone was able to feel how much our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ love us and were able to focus this time of year on his birth!! How blessed we are, El es la Dadiva!! I had THE BEST Christmas ever and got to talk with the family :) I love you guys SO much!! We spent the afternoon eating and spending time with Hermana Luz and then she let us use her computer! The night before for Christmas Eve we were invited to eat as well - the food here for the holidays is to die for!! Arroz con abichuelas, pasteles, and lechon!! I'll attach a picture :) So the fun thing about Puerto Rico is, Christmas doesn't end til the middle of January!! Hahaha so it's basically still the Christmas Season as people start preparing for 3 Kings Day! And we are super excited for that too because we happen to be in the pueblo where all the fun and action happens! It's the 6th of January so we'll see what happens!!
So, MORGAN WAS BAPTIZED on Saturday!!!! It was absolutely amazing and it all went super well!! It was cool because our DL and his companion had a baptism the same day so two wards and a district came together to support these two baptisms! Everything ran smoothly and the Spirit was super strong! I can't even explain how I feel right now!!!! It's such a wonderful and crazy feeling to see one of your investigators enter the waters of baptism!! We are so excited for him and for this decision he has made and we KNOW that it is the most important and best decision he has ever made and will bring him more blessings he has ever imagined!! It was super cool too because Hermana Halling and I shared the musical number - she played the piano and I played the violin (crazy, right?) to a gorgeous arrangement of Nearer My God to Thee. It wasn't perfect haha but the Spirit was there! Sunday was his confirmation and that went well too!! Awe man, it's just so fun to see him at church talking and being with the other members!! It's like we're not there almost haha but it's good because he feels super comfortable!!

It was a good weekend :)
Also, you will not believe it but I hit my 9 MONTHS this past Friday. WOW. I seriously had no idea time could be so fast!! It's definitely been a big wake up call and I've done a lot of thinking about where I am now and where Heavenly Father wants me to be. Everyday is still a learning experience and so I hope I can just continue doing what He needs me to do - and to make these next 9 months the best 9 months! My hilarious companions surprised me with some things on my wall and then that night we had the Ward Christmas Party so it was a super fun day!
Since it was Christmas week, we weren't able to get a ton of visits in, but the work is still progressing!! I'll fill you in on more investigators next week!! I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful and fun NEW YEARS this week!!!! I'll write you next year :)
Love,
Hermana Holt

Christmas dinner


 
 Hermana Luz with her daughter Elena

Hermana Luz's house where we talked to our families

La Plaza

My comps made this for me

9 months


Love these girls

Ward Christmas party

my 3 favorite grandmas Carmen, lya, and Hermana Luz

Bishop's daughter-so cute!



Morgan's baptism!




2 baptisms in our district




Skyping with the family












No comments:

Post a Comment