Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 49: My new "daughter"

Hola a todos!!

First week of training . . . check! WOW! This week seems like such a blur but at the same time I don't feel like I've been this exhausted since I got here in the mission!! But I've loved every single moment!!

So, Monday was full of packing and cleaning with Hermana Lara and Tuesday we were off with the Sister Trainers to Guayanabo to pick up the newbies!! So when we got there we had a meeting for all the new trainers with Presidente Boucher - there are 15 of us! It was super powerful and to be honest he kinda scared us a little bit haha but it's a sacred responsibility that I am excited to take because I know that the Lord is going to help me!! Afterwords walked in all the new missionaries! Wow haha it was like looking at the new kids entering Freshman Orientation haha they all looked super duper young! So many things were going through my mind, who is it?? Who is he going to call on first?? Presidente started with the Hermanas one by one until it was just me and Hermana Johnson left, and then two new Sister Missionaries.. He then said Sister Johnson, your trainer will be so and so (everyone cheers) so all that was left was me and the cutest little missionary I've ever seen who was already making her way towards me with the biggest smile on her face and she just shouted, MAMIIIIII!!!! HAHAHA it was the CUTEST thing I have ever seen!!!!! 

Her name is Hermana Lopez and she's from Guatemala! That's right, I'm training a Latin and I love it!! Haha it's always nice to have the Spanish help :) She is so sweet and already came with so much energy to work and a super strong testimony! She came from a family very missionary minded and the love she already has for the work is just contagious! Her dad was a mission president in El Salvador and he was also one of the counselors for Elder Hugo Martinez when he was a mission president in Guatemala so many of the ward members already know of Hermana Lopez and her family! So she was welcomed into the ward family super fast! 

This week was super good - filled with practicing together and super spiritual lessons! Wednesday we went with the Bishop to see an investigator, Annie! She has been meeting with the missionaries for a super long time and we are just trying to help her act on the faith she has! It was SUCH a cool experience because we felt the need to share with her about scripture study and keeping the Sabbath Day holy and when she was telling us about the spiritual goals that she has for the year and everything and how she wants to work on her scripture reading and go to church - haha and that was exactly what we felt like we needed to share with her!! So we did and she came to church this Sunday!! Yaya!! And it was awesome because it was fast Sunday so I know the testimonies helped her a lot :)

Well, that's all I have time for right now!! I have felt so much this week the help from my Heavenly Father! We need Him in every moment, we just have to allow Him to help us! I hope all is well and that everyone has a great week!! 

Love, 
Hermana Holt
 
 our beautiful investigator Annie

 My beautiful new daughter
Hermana Lopez


 Just walking to church
 
 Fun umbrellas

No comments:

Post a Comment