Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 57: Five Months Left

Hola a todos!!

Well, I'm kinda freaking out thinking that I've only got 5 months LEFT!! What is this?? 

This week was a good one :) Besides the fact that we've been melting every second we step outside, we have managed to survive the week! Our amazing less active Carmina came to church this week! WOO!! Finally!! Hermana Lopez and I were super excited and she loved it. She also came to our Ward Activity that we had and she loved that too! It was such a sweet experience because at the beginning of the activity, everyone went around and introduced themselves and when it came to Carmina, she said, Hi I'm Carmina and just so you all know, I'm coming back. AWE I about died when she said that! She's on her way back home and we love visiting with her and helping her in the process :)

For the Ward Activity we watched the documentary, Meet the Mormons!! I hadn't seen it before and it was awesome!! I imagine that a lot of you have seen it, but if not, watch it!! It's so cool! I loved how every story talked about something different and showed how we really are just ordinary people who live normal lives, but the thing is that as members of the church, we've got something extraordinary! I love how the Gospel of Jesus Christ enriches our lives and can help anyone no matter who they are or what their circumstance is. Haha the last segment about the missionary mom touched Hermana Lopez and I a little bit harder than we thought, once Hna Lopez started crying I just lost it haha good tears :) But we felt a little bit better when we found out that our Elders (there are 4 of them) also shed a few tears haha! How sweet!

So we have a new investigator! Her name is Ana and we are super excited to teach her! We taught her the first time this week and we basically touched the first and second lesson for all of the questions that she had from baptism to what will happen after this life to faith to Joseph Smith, etc haha but we ended on the best note, the Book of Mormon! She loves the Bible and knows it front and back, so we were a little surprised that when we explained to her that Christ had gone to the Americas that she just looked at us and said, De verdad?! She then took the Book of Mormon and opened to a random page and the scripture happened to talk about faith and baptism.. 2 things we had just discussed, it was PERFECT!! I almost had tears streaming down my face the Spirit was so strong. She has such a strong desire to follow Christ so we are excited to teach her! She was going to come to church but she had a little emergency, but next week :)

Well, this week is going to be a little busy with meetings, but we are excited to see what the Lord has in store for us :) Have a great week everyone!

Love, 
Hermana Holt
 
 A large bag of clothes from our neighbor

 I woke up to this little friend
 
  
13 months

 My companion made this for me

 Each dress & flower hides words used to describe me

 She thinks I'm funny

 Wow, a foreshadowing of our Mother's day call

No comments:

Post a Comment