Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 58: The Creator Knows us

Hola a todos!!

Sorry I'm writing so late, this morning we had a Zone Activity! It was here in Arecibo and we went to La Cueva del Indio! Hna Lopez and I had already been before, but it was fun to go with the Zone! We had our personal study right on the beach, explored the caves, and then went to go eat after! It's great to see other missionaries and share with each other what we've been learning and what's been happening in our areas! We are definitely one big team, and that's the most important! 

This week was a little low on lessons but we've been doing our best to brighten our faith! We ran into an old investigator and happened to pass by in the perfect moment when she was cleaning her house, service!! Woo! And it definitely paid off because we got to share a super good lesson at the end, reminding her of the Restoration and of the Book of Mormon, which she recommitted to read! We hope and pray that she'll be ready this time..

We couldn't teach our two investigators this week, Yesenia nor Ana and we are dying to see them!! Everyone seemed to have a lot of crazy things this week, but we know this next week is going to be a good one :)

Our less active Carmina came to church again!! YAY!! She's such a sweetheart and I am so blown away as I see her humble example of coming back to our Savior Jesus Christ. Her coming back has really pumped up the ward and they've become really involved with her, it's a great thing to see!! Speaking of the ward, Hermana Lopez and I talked with the Bishop and he allowed us to have a mission activity with the members, to see if we can get them a little bit more excited to do missionary work :) Us missionaries are planning a great activity full of Preach My Gospel, practicing, and sharing of testimonies! Most of the members in the ward are coverts so I know that as they share their experiences of when the missionaries first knocked on their door, not only will it strengthen all of us, but I feel like it will strengthen them personally and get them excited to share this happiness with everyone! The activity is next week, so we'll see how it goes!

I just want to testify of something super special that Heavenly Father reminded me of this week, that He knows us. He, the Creater of all things, KNOWS us and is so aware of what we are going through at this point in our lives. He cares about everything we care about. He knows what we need and wants to help us achieve it. I have been so blessed this week through the example, words, and testimonies of the people I have talked to. He knows me. He knows you. And He knows that we need His son Jesus Christ. That's why He sent him to us :) 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!! And for all the mother's out there, Happy Mother's Day this coming week!! 

Love, 
Hermana Holt
studying at the beach
 
Picture of a picture with Yesenia's kids

What a view


Love my little girl

My district

Visiting the caves again

No comments:

Post a Comment