Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 62: We walked and it rained

Hola a todos!!

This week has been a good one! LOTS of walking, but it is all worth it :) Also, the Lord has blessed us with a TON of rain which is always the best! It's not always fun to walk around all day with wet shoes haha but we need the water! We are still on the water rationing but Hna Ahlander and I have been surviving just fine. 

This week I really want to testify of the power of fasting. Being in a new area, sometimes it's a shock and you realize that you really really need the Lords help in everything - trying to remember where you are, get used to the change of scenery, getting to know the members and investigators, etc! We've been trying especially to get the ward going with the work here, and we both felt that we should fast for the area, and for help knowing in which direction we should go. These past couple of days I feel like the Lord has heard our prayers and is guiding us to what we should be focusing on and how we can really strengthen this ward! It's going to take some time, but I am confident that it will all be worth it, because the Gospel of Jesus Christ is worth it! 

This week I met another investigator, her name is Joana! She's a single mom with a 4 year girl who is so cute! Joana is super powerful and has a lot of potential I think! She lost her mom a year or so ago and it's still been hard for her. There is nothing more sweet than testifying of forever families! She wasn't able to attend church this week because her dad was in town, but we are praying really hard for next week!

Well, I love being a missionary! The mission has its ups and downs, some things are better than others, but I just can't imagine what my life would be like without this experience that I am having. I just love this Gospel so much and there is nothing better than sharing it with others, even when it might be scary!! And believe me, hahaha sometimes it is, but remember, it's worth it!

Have a great week!
Love, 
Hermana Holt
 
shout outs to my mom and brother on their birthdays this week



 selfie in an elevator

 English class

No comments:

Post a Comment